No Current News
Peter L. Boyles
Peter L. Boyles was born in Indianapolis, Indiana. He graduated from Elkhart Memorial Senior High School and went on to attend Valparaiso University. While at Valparaiso University Peter was a member of the Valparaiso University Football Team and Sigma Phi Epsilon.
In 1991, Peter enrolled in Ohio Northern University, Claude W. Pettit College of Law. While attending Ohio Northern University, Peter was an Associate Editor of the Ohio Northern University Law Review, a Legal Intern with the Indiana Attorney General's Office, Appellate Division, and a Law Clerk with the law firm of Huffman, Kelly, Becker & Brock, in Lima, Ohio.
Peter returned to Valparaiso, Indiana, and began his legal career with Attorney Hugo E. Martz in 1994. In 1995, he joined the Porter County Public Defender's Office and currently serves as the Chief Deputy Public Defender for Porter County. He joined the law firm of Rhame & Elwood, after 13 years, as a partner with the Valparaiso law firm of Martz & Boyles.
Peter focuses his practice in area of Criminal Defense and Personal Injury Litigation in Indiana and Illinois. He has represented clients in Indiana, Illinois, as well as, the U.S. District Court in the Northern District of Indiana and the U.S. District Court in the Northern District of Illinois. Peter is committed to ensuring justice and due process for all persons accused of a crime or injured through the negligence of another.
- Valparaiso University (B.A. 1991)
- Ohio Northern University, Claude W. Pettit College of Law (J.D.1994)
- Ohio Northern University, Claude W. Pettit College of Law, Law Review
- Indiana, Admitted to bar 1994
- Illinois, Admitted to bar 1994
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 1994
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 1994
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 1999
- Trial Bar, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2003
- Who's Who Among American Law Students, 1994
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Porter County American Inns of Court
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Washington Park Zoological Society Board
- Porter County Community Corrections Board
Portage Professional Center
3200 Willowcreek Road, Suite A
Portage, Indiana 46368
Ph (219) 762-0494
Fax (219) 762-4047